Monday, December 12, 2011

I didn't THINK it was a scam.

OK guys your gonna love this one---AND you may learn something!   I did!

I've been thinking doing some work for "secret shopper" or something like that for years.  Sounds fun--easy money and I have a good friend who had done it for years and said it was a good "extra" money project.

Finally responded to one of these companies online and started to communicate some very general info about me and how to get started.  They were very polite and not intrusive---always insisted that I NEVER use any of my own money in any way on any assignment!   See, I thought, very professional!

Finally get the assignment to use a western union location and grade them on appearance-professionality-service--ect.........sounded ok.

They send me a HUGE money order and tell me to cash it at my bank--take my fee out--send the rest to a dude in the Phillipines.   THE PHILLIPINES?????!!!!!   WHAT THE? 

The manager I had emailed back and forth with had a New Jersey address, so I got scared!  Called my above mentioned friend and she said STOP ITS A SCAM!!!!!!!

Seems your bank will cash it on the spot but finds out in a few days its a fraud and they hold you responsible for the amount.  BOO!   By that time all the rest of the money is sent back to the scammers!   Boo!

My friend says call the FBI.  I call the FBI in OKC and a snotty lady says--why didnt you call the Norman office.  Sorry--I didnt know about the Norman office BECAUSE I'VE NEVER CALLED THE FBI!!!!!

Norman FBI guy was a sweetie!  Gave me a web site to file a complaint and was so happy that I didnt lose any money.  Me too!  Nothing says Merry Christmas like almost getting hit with a scam!

Wheww!

No comments:

Post a Comment