Friday, September 16, 2011

Too many spinning plates.

Is it just me or are we spinning too many plates lately.  If you asked my husband, he'd say that you could drop the "lately" and make it "always".  My dear ol' departed dad would chime in with him I'm afraid!  You know what I mean by plate spinning?  The old Ed Sullivan Show had a guy on there sometimes that had about ten plates spinning on skinny poles--all at the same time.  Crazy amazing and wild music through the whole act!  Great visual for how I usually live my life.

But the truth is that I love a hectic life style--to an extent.  I think there are alot of folks with me--especially women.  Again, hubby would say "Just tone it down, step back, learn to say no".  I guess I wouldn't really know where to begin with that.  I think everything I do is important---or I wouldn't do it.

I've tried to be a perfectionist at so many things for so long.  I'd never want to let anyone down.  Martha makes it look easy, Paula makes it look fun, and now Ree makes it all look possible.   (AHHHH!)

Maybe that would help---just a good ol' primal scream!!!   Tonight I'll take the plates off their spinning poles and put them in a tidy little stack.  Then I'll sit back and do some thinkin'.

Or maybe I'll just buy some new plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment